Thursday 3 September 2009

Duck Linguistics

One of my Facebook friends asked me whether it hurt my beak writing so much. Well there's no need to worry. NASA has supplied me with a headset and translation software so all I need to do is quack and the words just pour onto the page.

As I also explained to another one of my friends, ducks quack Esperanto. Because of its set grammatical structure it translates very accurately. The decision to go with Esperanto was taken quite a few years ago and was brought in to reduce misunderstanding when migrating around the world. I guess it's something you humans could learn from... talking the same language!

Mind you there are some ducks that still quack the old languages. For example, in China there are a number of ducks that still insist on Quacking Mandarin.

No comments:

Post a Comment