Saturday 19 September 2009

Charlotte and Martin

So it's been back on the road today. Ryszard, Ro and I went down to sunny and warm Cobham (England) where we had a fantastic time sitting outside one of those quaint pubs that England is famous for.

Ryszard remarked that Cobham is the home of the Moody Blues. With the Threshold Music shop on the high street still owned by them.

It was so nice of them to find a pub where duck was not on the menu. I hadn't met Charlotte and Martin before. It has to be said we took to each other like a... well... duck to water. Looking forward to seeing them again at the big China get together.

The conversation briefly turned to astronomy and they mentioned pictures of the International Space Station in the newspapers. That reminded me that on a previous blog I posted a wide-angle picture of it taken by Ryszard and that he was going to try to image it with his telescope. Well he nailed it on September 17th as it flew over Crowthorne. The photo is above and clearly shows (ok a bit fuzzy but when you consider its over 200miles away!) the main body and the solar panel arrays.

It makes me quite nostalgic for my time on the ISS. I will never forget my first space-waddle.

Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment